The Salinas Police Department invites motivated men and women seeking a challenging career in law enforcement to apply for and become Police Officers. This is an exciting opportunity for those with the desire to serve the Salinas community and be part of a hard-working team.
Contact a Recruiter: Miguel Cabrera (831) 758-7289 [email protected]ca.us
The State of California maintains hiring and retention standards for peace officers. The criteria for disqualification are found here.
The Salinas Police Department maintains a hiring standard regarding drug usage and criminal record above and beyond what is required by the state of California. The following section describes the conduct that is automatically disqualifying for the Salinas Police Department:
Marijuana – any adult use or possession of marijuana in the past year.
Hallucinogens – any adult use or possession in the past 7 years.
Other drugs – any other illegal drug use or possession of a drug not mentioned above in the last 3 years.
Driving (within the past three years)
· Receipt of three or more moving violations or any life-threatening violation such as reckless driving, speed contest, pursuit, etc. Moving violations for which there is a factual finding of innocence shall not be included.
· Involvement as the driver in two or more “at fault” collisions.
· A conviction for driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs.
· Two or more convictions of a misdemeanor offense under California law as an adult.
· Conviction of any misdemeanor offense while employed as a peace officer or military police officer.
SALINAS POLICE DEPARTMENT APPEARANCE STANDARDS
Tattoos and body art must not be visible when on duty. Non-medically required tongue splitting or piercing, complete or transdermal implantation of any material other than hair replacement, abnormal shaping of the ears, eyes, nose, or teeth, and branding or scarification, are prohibited.