Please note: This form is for general comments or questions that would not harm you if someone were monitoring your email or network.
See below for specific instructions for common incidents. This mailbox is monitored during normal business hours 8 am to 5 pm, Monday thru Friday. Please allow 24- hours for a response.
Please do NOT use this form for crime reports or crime tips. Instead:
- Call 911 To report a crime in progress.
- Call 831-758-7321 to reach our non-emergency dispatch. Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish. If you are reporting a crime with no suspect info press 1. If you have suspect info or reporting a stolen vehicle, a missing person, need a welfare check or reporting a stolen firearm press 2.
- Call 831-775-4222 to leave an anonymous tip on a voicemail recording.
- Report an abandoned vehicle via the SalinasConnect app or using our online reporting tool here.
- File an online police report here.
- Call (831) 775-4201 to leave a voicemail at an officers extension or refer to the Salinas Police Department directory for more information.
- Learn about career opportunities with us on our Careers page.